Friday 4 November 2011

flying away

Off to the big bad city tomorrow that I once called home. The thing I'm looking forward to most is jumping into the ocean and then soaking up some sun on the sand. A coffee from my favourite little cafe will also go down nicely. I got asked the other day if I was going to stay in my 'fish out of water' country town or return home. I don't think I want to be in a smog filled home anymore. That used to really scare me as it was really all I knew. Stepping away from it, some would say running away, gave me a chance to breathe again. Don't get me wrong, I miss some of the dear friends and of course my family..but I just think it was and is too much of a payoff. I love the fact that in a country town, life is a lot simpler. Ironically it has also provided me with more opportunities. I got a job offer today for a London position..which was something that, up until a while ago, I had my heart set on. Right from where I'm sitting now, it's really the furthest thing from my mind. Simplicity brings space...I always thought I wanted to keep running around and finding new things. Now I'm really enjoying the answers that can be found in stillness. Namaste and may you find some time to take some deep breaths today..wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment